You Can Call Me Samantha...

Even though it’s not my name, I swear I’ll answer to it. At least, next week I will. :)

So who IS Samantha?

Well, one thing that may surprise you is I’m a BRAND NEW JOVI FAN. Yup. One year ago, I could not have cared less about Bon Jovi, their music, or JBJ. In fact, if you had told me then that I’d be taking a week off of work (and Mardi Gras at that!) and away from my family to go to NEW JERSEY for a JBJ show, I probably would have laughed my ass off. Not that I was a hater or anything, they just weren’t on my radar, so to speak.

All that changed last April while I was in Kansas City on a business trip. Some of you know the story already, but let’s just say he had me from hello. It was a moment of clarity, followed by one of the most amazing concerts I have ever seen.

It’s Bon Jovi – how good can they be?

Let’s just say pretty freaking incredible and leave it at that.

So I had a memorable experience, but how did I end up here?

I’ve always written – words are a big part of what I do, and it was only natural once I found this new “hobby” for me to want to write about it. Once I found fan fiction, well hell, that was it. Hath’s site was one of the first I landed on. Of course, I read The Layover too, and I quickly wound up making friends with these women. As Willow already described, SIX DAYS before the Boston show we were chatting and she suggested I should come up for CP, probably never believing I would actually do it. Hell, I surprised even myself!

And all I can say is, it was without a doubt, one of the best weekends of my life. I felt an instant connection with EVERYONE. The only bad part about the weekend was it was altogether too short. So when the Starland Ballroom show was announced, I knew this couldn’t just be a quick trip. So once again, Willow and I plotted and planned, we coerced and schemed, and now here we are, three days away from my arrival in Philly and I’m sure what will be one of the most memorable WEEKS of my life.

So, for those of you who want a rundown of what the itinerary looks like so far:

Saturday afternoon: Samantha arrives in Philly and Willow and I have pedicures. And copious amounts of wine.

Sunday morning: Willow and Samantha leave for the lovely Hilton East Brunswick, and along the way will likely go see all the Jovi “sites” I need to see. You know…research for the puppy story. No, we’re not going to Elements, but anyone who wants to meet us in the bar at the Hilton that night, y’all are welcome. And again, copious amounts of wine.

Monday: We’re collecting blankets for Project Home. This started as a way for me to keep my Southern Belle-ness warm in line, but since apparently there won’t be any camping out, we’re gonna collect them any way. After all, it’s a great cause, and there are a helluva lot of needy people out there. Let’s spread the wealth. Find me or Willow or Anastasia if you want to donate.

Monday night: I’m getting all tingly just thinking about it. Probably back at the bar at the Hilton that night.

Tuesday: Up in the air. May be in Manhattan. May be in Philly. Who knows. But y’all can follow me on Twitter the whole week (go to www.twitter.com and search for Fiction Mistress, then hit follow) and I’ll keep you posted on the goings-on.

Wednesday: Hath, Queenie and Tara arrive in Philly for the PARTAY of the year. Seriously, I think Obie should come.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday: It’s all about the beach house, baby. LBI won’t ever be the same, I’m betting.

Sunday: Samantha flies back to New Orleans and reality.

So there you have it, last but never least, The Fiction Mistress is now counting down the HOURS!!!!

1 Response to "You Can Call Me Samantha..."

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme