Who is Queenie?



Hmmm, now there’s a question I ask myself quite frequently. Who am I? I am a mother, a wife, a friend, a partner and a whole host of other things, but the real me? I’m not even sure if I remember her.

I just turned 40, I’ve been married for 18 years, known my husband for 21 and been a mom for 12 years. That’s a whole lot of time to lose yourself to other things. The one thing I never lost was my love of the written word. I can read a book in about two days, give or take. I can read while I watch television which my husband just can’t understand. I can read two or three different books all at the same time and know what’s going on in each. That’s how much I love to read. That’s how I found these other women that I’m going to meet in just a few short weeks.

Yup, I was trolling the internet looking for something new, something different to read and wandered into the wonderful world of fan fiction. I was hooked right from the start! I stumbled into Tara’s Home and JillianK’s The Layover right around the same time. It was all over after that. I even dabble a bit myself now. I don’t claim to be anywhere near as good as some out there but I enjoy having this outlet. It’s something that I do for me and that I can share with the women I have met through this miracle called the internet.

Where would we be without the world wide web? I know where I wouldn’t be, I wouldn’t be driving for six hours to meet these women whom I’ve only chatted on line and a few times on the phone with. I've collaborated with Hath a couple of times, but I have never spent any real life time with any of these women.

Am I nervous? Uh, duh, hell yes! Have you ever walked into a room full of people you don’t know and they all turn to stare at you and you wonder just what the hell you're doing there? Well, that’s kind of the feeling I have going on right now. Are they going to like me? I’ve been wondering that since I accepted Willow’s invitation.

Did I make the right decision in agreeing to travel to the Jersey Shore to spend 5 days with 4 women I’ve never met? I think so (even tho’ my hub thinks I’m slightly out of my mind). It’s an adventure and if I don't take the opportunity now, who know when I might get another chance. I’m sure we will all get along fabulously and it will be like a big sorority party and we won’t want to leave when it’s over.

At least that’s what I’m hoping.

2 Response to "Who is Queenie?"

  1. TaraLeigh says:

    Well I can't wait to see if we are just nucking futs or the best sorority ever! LOL

    You are brave coming out to do this--but, hey at least you TRIED it out! All too often we say--no, it might be weird. I'll just stay over here in my safety zone.

    I've made so many wonderful friends through Jovi, I just know this will prove that. JOVI AND WRITERS?! Gah!

    Dreams are made of these.

    Well, okay so Jon naked would trump this dream, but it's ONE of them!

    Can't wait to meet ya, darlin'!

    Steph, it'll be great! We can finally sleep together for real instead of just writing about it :) and just so you know, Willow and FM are great kissers :)

    I can't wait to meet you IRL!


    And Tara, why is nucking futs and best sorority ever mutually exclusive? Uh-uh. Just wait :)

    ~ Hath

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme