In One Week From Right NOW...

... I will be on I-95 South as I make my way to TF Green Airport in lovely, picturesque, Providence, Rhode Island.

Once my son is on the bus (at 8:24) and my mom pulls in the driveway (at 8:30) I'll be loading my suitcase, laptop bag, and camera bag-cum-purse into the back of her Kelly Green Ford Focus. She will fire up the GPS, getting Jill to tell her to "please drive the highlighted route" and we'll be off.

Willow, Sam, don't worry, I'll make sure Jill doesn't take us to Jersey... AGAIN...

Right about now we should be coming up on... yep, I think that's... right around this gentle curve... HELLO! It's the Big Blue Bug (who's real name is Mr. Nibbles Woodaway).

In case you don't know who I'm talking about:



My mother is almost more excited about this trip than I am. She has said to me more than once that I seem happier since The Boston Experience and the friendships solidified there. She knows that I need this time away.

She's made three dry-runs to the airport. One with my Dad, who absolutely hates being a passenger under any circumstances, but especially when Mom's driving. They made it from her house to TFG in about 45 minutes.

That was a Saturday morning.

Early.

Dry Run #2 was a loner on a Sunday afternoon. She was working her way up to what she calls the "real dry run" which was a Wednesday morning, right around the time she would be picking me up for reals. Mom's a hoot.

So we've passed Ol', Mr. Woodaway and in about 20 minutes or so, (10 if I were driving) we'll be at the airport.

*shakes head*

Oh yeah.

That's NEXT week.

Shit.


~ Hath

4 Response to "In One Week From Right NOW..."

  1. Anonymous says:

    OMG. I can't believe I will see you all in a week.
    My trip starts a bit earlier, in two days from now I'll be somewhere over the ocean and I hope my plane isn't landing on the Hudson or somewhere else. I prefer the good old Newark airport ;-)
    Then I'll have a wonderful weekend in NYC with my friend (we'll stay at the legendary Chelsea hotel), on Monday I'll see who JBJ's friends are and after trying my luck at Atlantic City on Tuesday I'm going with my friends to Philly - yeah!!
    see you there

    Anonymous says:

    wtf is that thing hath? a big blue roach?

    ~FM

    TaraLeigh says:

    LMAO!!
    Oh man--your mom sounds like MINE!
    3 DRY RUNS?! LOL!

    Man--I'm just as excited for this Fictionista thing as I am to see Jonny on Monday! Gah!!!

    We are going to have a BLAST!

    Anonymous says:

    Hath your mom sounds alot like mine too - She realizes what all of these little Jovi Jaunts have done for me over the past 2 years and she fully encourages all of it. She is amazed by the friendships I have formed (although she was a little freaked about that at first)and she is thrilled at what all of this has done for my state of mind. She has actually said that she is proud of how I'm handling my forties and wishes she had had the guts to take control of her own happiness at that time in her life. I remember that time for her and I can say I wish she had too. I hope my daughter will realize someday that in order for you to be any good to anyone else you have to be good to yourself. And that it's OK and I hope to hell she ends up with a husband that is a bit like her dad - he is completely supportive through all this. He realizes that a happy Chris makes a happy home for everyone. I hope that she will accept nothing less for herself.
    Chris

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme