Music: Nine Questions - Queenie

Okay, here are my answers, any of you laugh, your bra will get frozen next week!!! LOL

What was the first concert you ever saw?



I remember this well, it was 1985, I had just turned 16 and my very best friend and her dad took me to see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. We were up in the rafters sitting in front of a bunch of kids smoking pot and I had on my fluorescent green sweatshirt as did my friend. We were the shit. Still one of the best shows I’ve ever seen.

What CDs are in your changer right now?

Honestly, I couldn’t even tell you. My car doesn’t even have a CD player in it, just a cassette which is home to my adapter so I can listen to my MP3 player while I’m driving. In the house, the 3-disc changer in the stereo probably has Christmas CDs in it still.


How many total albums do you own (CDs, vinyl, cassettes, 8-tracks)?

Physically? I think my collection is probably between 300-400 for CDs. I have a couple of plastic bags full of cassettes down in the basement and my vinyl got sold by my parents when they had an estate sale for my grandma. Dammit! I had the 5 LP Box Set that Bruce put out a loooooong time ago too and just because I don’t have a turntable was no reason for my parents to sell that. TYVM

Do you download music, and if so, legally or illegally?

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I might incriminate myself.

What was the first album you owned?



Good Lord, the first one I ever owned? I think that had to be Whitney Houston… go ahead, roll your eyes, I did too.






What song would you like to have played at your funeral?

On Eagles Wings, but I want it to be sung. We sang it at the funeral of a very dear friend and it was absolutely beautiful.

Musically speaking, what do you love that your friends don't know about? What's your favorite guilty pleasure?

I guess probably KISS would be a big one, Ozzy, Rob Zombie, I pretty much listen to anything. Almost forgot, on the other end of that spectrum, Jim Brickman. Love that piano playing man. He is amazing.



Guilty pleasure - Barry Manilow. Cheesy, but how can you not love him? And, I can’t even believe I’m going to tell you all this, Michael Bolton. I will even admit to seeing him in concert, twice.





What band or artist changed your life, and how?

I don’t know that any one band actually changed my life. The 80’s introduced me to music that forever changed my radio listening habits, but I don’t know that I could point to just one and say “you, you did it for me.” Bon Jovi is the only one from that era that I still listen to religiously now, but that’s because they’ve kept themselves relevant and didn’t lose themselves to the grunge nonsense of the 90s and they came back even stronger in 2000. They are tried and true and will never go out of style.

Figurative gun to your head, what is your favorite album of all time?

Duran Duran - Seven and the Ragged Tiger... How can you not LOVE the Reflex?


3 Response to "Music: Nine Questions - Queenie"

  1. TaraLeigh says:

    Yay!
    Thanks Queenie!!

    Yours is great too! And no--I'm not saying that just so my bra will stay safe. Though--my bra's pretty damn big. It might take over the freezer if you tried that action.
    LOL!

    And well---I have to say Michael Bolton was a fave of mine for a time too--so, I can't say word one about THAT!

    Anonymous says:

    No bra freezing Tara, although we may dip your fingers in warm water while you're sleeping at 11 am. :)

    Queenie I still have xmas cds in my car!

    TaraLeigh says:

    Hmmmm when did this turn into Sleepaway Camp?
    LOL

    The only wetness I want is Jon induced, TYVM

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme