Music: Nine Questions - Hath

OK, dammit, I did it. I wrote a freaking book, but I did it :P

What was the first concert you ever saw?

Janet Jackson, back when I was a freshman in college. Back in the days when "wardrobe malfunction" didn't mean anything. Back when you didn't mind being a part of the "Rhythm Nation". I saw this show (which was great, btw) at the Gahden back when it was the Bahstin Gahdin.





What CDs are in your changer right now?

I haven't bought a CD in YEARS! BUT, in my car, I have (brace yourselves) Alvin and the Chipmunks. My son is in love with their version of LOAP.

HOWEVER, on the iPod right now is my Richie playlist. I'm working through Shark Frenzy today :)

<How many total albums do you own (CDs, vinyl, cassettes, 8-tracks)?

Physically? I think my collection is probably right around the 500 mark for CDs. I still have a pile of cassettes (do you count the bootlegs? lol) Probably another hundred or so of those. Vinyl? Nope, don't have any, but I do have an 8-track collection (mostly Elvis) and a stereo that still plays them -- it's at my parent's house.

Do you download music, and if so, legally or illegally?

Yes. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

What was the first album you owned?

Gosh, had to be Boston, Third Stage. Cassette. I think I may have had cassingles before that, but that's the first album I remember purchasing.



What song would you like to have played at your funeral?

Amazing Grace. And not played. It has to be sung by someone who has a deep baritone singing voice like my brother. Swear to God, his voice will wreck you.

Musically speaking, what do you love that your friends don't know about? What's your favorite guilty pleasure?

Hmmmm. I remember shocking people when I posted a happy birthday to the Prince of Darkness himself (Ozzy if you don't know). Guess I don't look like an Ozzy girl.... I absolutely love some of the alternative music from the 90's. PUSA, Think Tree, 1,000 Homo DJ's, Ministry (the BEST driving music anywhere)... ah... the 90s...

As for guilty pleasure? Journey. Man, Steve Perry was so damned PRETTY!



What band or artist changed your life, and how?

I actually have two that fall into this category. Bon Jovi for the reasons Tara already mentioned, and Billy Joel.

The summer before my senior year in college, I fell in love with a guy named John. We got engaged after Easter, and that September I went away to grad school. Somewhere in there, he got tired of playing second-fiddle to my studies. He couldn't understand why I woudln't blow off a study session, or why I spent so much time with men (uh, HELLO? Computer geekess here. We're pretty rare.). He got so fed up in fact, that the night we were supposed to go out for a romantic dinner, just the two of us... no books... no schedule... just us, he broke it off, saying I didn't appreciate him. Whatever.

So, totally devastated, I spiraled into a deep depression. I mean to the point that Daddy would talk to me on the phone for hours, and he hates the phone. Before that breakup, I had purchased tickets for my mom, SIL, and I to do some bonding at a Billy Joel concert. After the breakup, the very last thing I wanted to do (after spending the summer moping and in therapy) was go sing and dance.

Well, the ever-talented Mr. Joel went through a divorce at roughly the same time I went through my breakup, and there he was, still doing his thing. He had to have had it worse than me, I mean he was married, had a beautiful little girl and all manner of shit to go through property wise, alimony pfft! My problems were minor in comparision (I didn't think so, but my mother lovingly told me that, in that way that mothers do lol)

Anyway, I went grudgingly, but halfway through the show, while he was singing "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant" the cloud started to lift. I started singing along, and was actually smiling for the first time in months.

When I listen to his music, I remember that he did what he had to do when the brown stuff hit the fan.

If he can do it so can I.


Figurative gun to your head, what is your favorite album of all time?

Soundtrack to The Lost Boys
...I nearly go into throes of rapture at "Cry Little Sister". Every freaking time.




~ Hath

2 Response to "Music: Nine Questions - Hath"

  1. TaraLeigh says:

    What a great listing!
    Thanks for playing Hath.


    I looooove Journey too!

    Oh and I love your rambles. ;)

    Now to go look for The Lost Boys in Rhapsody to see what you're talking about. hehe

    Anonymous says:

    Journey rules - aside from Bon Jovi of course. Richie, Jon, and Steve Perry - WOOHOO. Now I've got to go listen to Steve and Jon sing Sam Cooke's Bring It On Home To Me. Again - WOOHOO! lol

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme