Day 7

A Song That Reminds You of a Certain Event:

Wils: Hallelujah - Bon Jovi by way of Jeff Buckley & Leonard Cohen
A song on my top 5 all time favorite list, long before it graced the lips of the amazing Jon Bon Jovi. I first heard his version when Bon Jovi filmed Unplugged for MTV a few years back. Then they took it on tour. I went to a show... no Hallelujah. Another show... still nothing. It took 5 shows before I got to hear it live, in my hometown of Philly. I cried through the entire thing and when it was over my friend picked me up off the floor... literally.



Catte:  Never Say Goodbye - Bon Jovi
It's all Jon's fault I'm no longer a Virgin, thanks to this song.  My virtue didn't even last a week after Slippery When Wet released in August 1986.  Of course I also had my very own Puppy-Dog-Eyed Italian Jersey Boy, my first college boyfriend.  He wasn't a Rock Star but he was a Quarterback and I was defenseless against his swagger.  Especially on that perfect night down by the lake with this song in the tape deck.  Damned Jersey Boys are my Kryptonite.  (And Yeah, he was TOTALLY worth it!)



Hath: This Is The Time -- Billy Joel

Always and forever will remind me of Senior Prom. It was our class' pick for THE song (NSG was our Junior Prom theme lol) of the night. It was the night of my first REAL kiss (shut up) and the start of a summer I'll never forget.



Kiwi: Hallelujah - Bon Jovi Sydney 19th Dec 2010
I'll never ever ever forget this night---it was the last night of the most incredible week of concerts with our favourite band Downunder. It had been threatening to rain all day and hadn't---until here. And boy, anyone that knows Sydney and their freak rain storms--it BUCKETED down like I've never seen in my life... holy hell! The spooky thing is if you watch closely it's not till he raises his hands into the air and bam...the heavens open. Was magical, awesome... and fabulous all at once. We won't talk about the cold I had for weeks after this night though!



Tara: Always Giants 2006
I'm trying not to use Jovi for every little thing in my 'moments' file, but this was a damn big moment. I was in the pit, sweating my face off, awed by the performance and just juiced on the show. Then THIS happened. I'm a sucker for any of those moments where Jon loses himself in a song and starts talking. When it happens AT the show I'm at, I just can't even drag it all in. THIS song, THIS version just slayed me. This entire NIGHT slayed me. The vitality, the overwhelming crowd, the music just couldn't have been more perfect.

Being 2-3rd ish row in the pit probably didn't hurt either. ;)



Queenie: Follow You, Follow Me - Genesis

This was our Senior Ball Song (NSG got shot down by the class advisors - go figure). I still think of that night whenever I hear this song.

5 Response to "Day 7"

  1. Bayaderra says:

    The "Runaway" will forever remind me of my High School days...
    The whole school was buzzing with this song...and no one had a clue who sang it!!!! But everyone agreed that it was an "effing great song'!!!

    Crocodile Rock and Angie remind me of the days when I first started dating my ex-husband. We were both 16 and carefree and "in love". Even though we are not together anymore, they still remind me of my high school years. Angie can also make me cry at the drop of a hat.

    Bonnie

    Lady Gaga - Poker Face

    Jet Lagged, arriving in NY City, my mum and I wandered around Times Square for a bit until we came to TGI Friday's. There was a waiter in there who would spend most of his tips in the jukebox. Poker Face was one of his favourite songs. It makes me smile to remember him strutting up and down the restaurant, dancing to all the music, while serving.

    Anonymous says:

    "Livin on a Prayer" will always remind me of the goodbye party I had before I left for Teacher Training. It was one of the saddest and happiest nights I've had and singing this at the top of our voices with vodka and great company...perfect!

    Amanda says:

    Bad Medicine w/ Pretty Woman-the first time I heard this combo was at the Concert for the Gulf October 15, 2010. Unfortunately, I have only been to 3 Jovi shows so when they announced they were coming to my home state I just had to be there. We were the equivalent of 4th row from the stage right in front of Richie. This was the closest that my best friend and I had ever been to the stage. We had a blast. Feet in the sand, a beautiful night and the men of Jovi! My new video camera got broken in that night! We met some great people! It was a night to remember!

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme