Day 4

A Song that Makes You Sad:

Tara:  Into Dust - Mazzy Star
*sigh* I loved this song for ages then it was reintroduced to me thanks to a now defunct TV show that I loved. And wow...just such a sad song. This girl's got a hella haunting voice. I can't say I like all her stuff, but this one punches me right in the gut.




Kiwi: Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
Such a beautiful song with a sad story behind it as well. It makes me sad because the day after my Nana died my ass of a music teacher made us play this song, even though he knew my Nana had just died. Of course this song will forever remind me of that event. It was my first significant death in my life so I'll always remember it and it wasn't expected.



Wils:  Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley
I know what you're thinking, it's such a gorgeous song and I agree. This has always been one of my favorites & continues to be. But it was also my song with my ex and since that didn't work out, the song I love has become one that makes me very sad.



Catte:  American Soldier - Toby Keith
This song hits me right in the heart.  For all my brothers and sisters in arms and their families who sacrifice so much for so many.  Love you, Danny.  GodSpeed, George.  Come home safe.



Hath: The Christmas Shoes -- by NewSong

This could have gone in the HATED IT category as well -- makes me cry every year when the sadists play it on the radio.  Nothing says Christmas like a parent dying and a small child trying to help her be pretty when she meets Jesus.  Dammit.



Queenie: Miss You Most at Christmastime - Mariah Carey

I had Hath's choice in my head as it makes me cry too (the first time I heard it on the radio I had to pull the car over), but this one just gets me. The first time I heard it was the Christmas after I lost both my grandparents. I don't necessarily cry now when I hear it, but it does make me a bit melancholy...

7 Response to "Day 4"

  1. Bayaderra says:

    This one is a bit easier...
    Have to agree with Kiwi on the Clapton's song. I remember when it was announced on the Local TriState area news about his son's death... and to that i want to add Sting's "Fragile" that one makes me sad by reminding me that our time is so limited here...

    Renee says:

    I always thought of "Still the One" by Orleans (although for years I thought it Chicago) as "our" song. Since he's an ex now, it makes me sad to hear it.

    Angel by Sarah McLachlan. Definitely can't listen to it without tears welling up.

    Yep Hath, that damned Christmas Shoes song was the runner-up for my HATE IT selection. But nothing can quite top the horror that is Hanson. *cringe*

    This Used to be my Playground by Madonna and Unchained Melody make me cry very easily.

    Anonymous says:

    Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman

    Having six girls and watching them and watching them grow up so fast . . . this just gets me.

    And after hearing Steven and his wife share their story of losing their little girl; I cant listen to it wothout tearing up!

    Denise

    Amanda says:

    It Won't Be Like This For Long-Darius Rucker

    You're Gonna Miss This- Trace Adkins

    I Saw God Today and The Breath You Take- George Strait

    I cry very easily. I'm a bit of an emotional sot in that respect. All of the songs with the exception of The Breath You Take were popular when my daughter was born--first child--so yeah, they get me. Now I hear them and am watching her grow and they get me.

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme