Day 5

A Song that Reminds You of Someone:

Wils: Baby Girl - Sugarland
A second appearance by the wonderful duo Sugarland, for my wonderful daughter who is the light of my life. She will accomplish anything she puts her mind to, and I will be right there behind her, rooting her on.



Catte:  It's the End of the World as we Know It - R.E.M
I don't really even like this song but it brings a grin to my face every time because it reminds me of one of my best college friends, Corina.  We used to hit the Happy Hour circuit on Thursday nights after class together, and inevitably she would end up dancing around and singing this song at the top of her lungs.  I still count her among my dearest friends on the planet.  She's a Foreign Service Officer in Jakarta, Indonesia right now, riding out the earthquakes and tsunamis and all kinds of other "character-building" trials, as she would call them.  And I'm sure she's singing this song as she faces each challenge head-on.





Hath:  Papa Don't Preach - Madonna

This one is for Fish, Feather, and Andy and all the bus rides with Colleen to and from competitions in high school. This is for us taking pictures in mirror in the hotel room and fighting over who got to sleep with whom. It's for remembering in SHOCK when we found out JoJo listened to speed metal and meeting those Navy guys in the lobby.

It's okay if you don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

I know.

And so do they.

But Feather -- don't tell my Mom you know I'm Hath lol




Kiwi: Love Will Lead You Back - Taylor Dayne
 This song will always remind me of my very first crush on an older boy of JJ, I met him on a youth camp when I was about 12 and we had such a blast up at Living Springs, when I came home I was so depressed for days (as you do when you're 12 and think the world just ended). So I listened to this for DAYS thinking that indeed one day Love would lead me back to JJ. *snort* Oh to be so innocent again ;)







Tara: Crazy For You

*sigh* The one and only time a boy dedicated a song to me on the Love Line it was THIS song. 7th or 8th Grade, I can't remember which. I still smile everytime I hear it and think of a blonde boy with spikey hair and pretty eyes - Jason Kimmell. Even back then I had a predisposition for the blondes. ;)




Queenie: Thank You for Being a Friend (Golden Girls Theme)

This song always reminds me of my best gal pal and hair dresser extraordinaire. We've been friends since high school and when we outlive our husbands, we're going to live together in Florida and drink cocktails on the lanai...

4 Response to "Day 5"

  1. The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic.

    Words fit so well;

    "Though I've tried before to tell her
    all the feelings I have for her in my heart
    Every time that I come near her
    I just lose my nerve as I've done from the start"

    Maybe one day =)

    Anonymous says:

    Oh goodness--it is like that Kenney Chesy song-It Takes you Back--there are so, so many, many.

    So many songs I ear immediately bring a face to mind and often a smile follows.

    Zeppelin, Steely Dan, Foreigner, AC DC, The Police in High school and Early College--Jovi, Whitesnake and Van Halen so many since then.

    I gues without a doubt it would be Zeppelin--All of my Love/or Stairway. My first crush, Denny, would play and sing it to me. We were friends throughout youth football and junior high and finally went to a dance as Sophomors in high school. Makes me smile everytime. As adults he told me his greatest memory was me cutting his hair one summer . . . in a bikini, LOL. I must have still been clueless then. What I would do to wear a bikini now! Ahhh . . . young love!

    denise

    Amanda says:

    Sister Hazel-Champagine High
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oLcDhIWxuY

    Reminds me of college and this great guy that was a great friend that I let slip away.

    Anonymous says:

    This is the third time of trying to post this so here goes. Maneater by Nelly Furtado reminds me of a wonderful man I met whilst on holiday on Crete a few years back. We were thrown together as our respective friends hooked up and left us to vacation on our own, so we saw the island together and a lasting friendship was formed.

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme