Day 6

A Song that Reminds You of Somewhere:


Wils: Beer In Mexico - Kenny Chesney
My (now ex) husband and I went on a cruise to Mexico a few years back and it was the same week that this song hit the radio. I don't drink beer, but this song always reminds me of the great time we had that week. My life has taken a radical turn in the past 2 years and I've had to do a lot of thinking... "Bout life and love and lack of, And this emptiness in my heart" Not all memories have to be bad.



Catte:  Social Disease - Bon Jovi
This song reminds me of my first apartment, a Summer-of-1987 sublet in my college town the summer between my freshman and sophomore year.  It was in a building on a big hill, right between two fraternity houses.  My roommate and I used to sit out on my deck, sunning and drinking Corona longnecks and BLASTING this song as all the frat boys whistled and waved at us. :)  Pure Summer.



Hath: Don't Worry, Be Happy -- Bobby McFerin

Apparently the theme song of Grenada.

No kidding. It was EVERYWHERE.

So was steet meat. Stay away frmo Street Meat. Seriously.




Kiwi: Loyal - Dave Dobbyn.
This song is a KIWI classic, anyone that lives in this country knows this song. This reminds me as soon as Friday standing in Hagley Park with 100,000 Cantabrians as he sang this in the memorial service we had for the devastating earthquake that's claimed nearly 200 lives and destroyed the heart of our city. This song reminds me of why I love this country and why I love this city and I will forever remain loyal to it, and that we will get through this massive task of putting back together our city :)



Tara: Galileo
This song and the band itself reminds me of a different time in my life. When I went to college and found a new nucleus of friends.Whenever I hear the Indigo Girls I remember free shows at The Egg in Albany, I remember driving with the windows down when I was in college and out on my break in between studio classes. We'd work in the morning and if we didn't have a class during our break we'd totally disappear and 'forget' to go back for the 2nd half of our classes.



Queenie: Blood on Blood - Bon Jovi

I know, I know, I used this as my favorite song, but it also reminds me of Silver Stadium (what used to be our AAA baseball stadium here where I live) and the second time I saw the boys in concert on the New Jersey Brotherhood tour. It was also the first time I saw them with my sister and I still think of it every time I hear this song.

3 Response to "Day 6"

  1. John Denver - Annie's Song

    Being a huge St Helens Rugby League fan, Saints fans have modified the lyrics to suit. Saints left their ground at the end of last season after Knowsley Road had been the home ground for 120 years. Final game, very sad times, Annie's Song was played in full over the speakers. Not ashamed for the tears that fell. Such a sad time. Bulldozers have moved in to knock it down now.

    Annie's song will always bring tears to my eyes thinking about that last game.

    Anonymous says:

    "Memphis Lives in Me" reminds me, bizzarly, not of Memphis, but of New York City. I went to see the show on my last visit to the city in May 2010, where I had the best time meeting several of you lovely ladies at Meadowlands and HRC. A great show, a fantastic vacation in the best city on the world with great women and the best band in the world!

    Vicki
    x

    Amanda says:

    Ok time to play catch up:
    Debbie Gibson-Lost In Your Eyes reminds me of my first trip to Jekyll Island Georgia the summer between 6th and 7th grade. I finally had a walkman and I blew that cassette tape up!

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme