Day 1

Your Favorite Song:


What's YOURS?  Let us know with a Comment!

Tara: WANTED
Yes, I admit it. I am a Jovi freak, but in all honesty Wanted is my all time fave song. From the beginning the story and the video itself embedded it into my brain. I have dozens of versions of this song. And live, there really isn't anything else like it. The guys STILL play it with as much passion as when they originally recorded it. Raw, delicious, hurtful, and honest. THIS is the song that dragged me in and never let me go.



Catte: Born to Be My Baby

Na na na Na na na Na na na Na Na...
Enough said?
Raspy, growly, smiley, shaggy Puppy goodness right there.
It ALWAYS makes me smile and wanna get up and dance.




Kiwi : Living In Sin
I love that this song is a little rare and I love that it only comes out once awhile live like Mama's best silverware. I love the story that the song tells (I'm a rebel child at heart), I could do without the Cheesy people in the clip and my only complaint is he can't scream at the end anymore and sings it always way out on the circle but the addition of Chapel of Love in current performances at the end is DELICIOUS...This is the song that as soon as I hear those beats...I'm reduced to a small tear or two. Just pure magic.



Wils: Born to Be My Baby





Catte, you pain in my ass... you stole my song!.  (But I gave you a picture! :) -C)
But you ain't wrong in your choice, that is for damn sure! It's been my favorite Jovi song since it first came out and still makes me scream, smile, jump, dance and sing at the top of my lungs! Scroll back up a little ways to see the video...

Hath: Never Say Goodbye
Like my Fictionista sisters here, my all time fave is a Jovi-song. Has been since I was a teen. When I saw it live not once, but twice this tour, I cried both times. The beauty of the song, the desperation of the lyrics -- trying to hang onto young love with both hands -- gets to me ever single flippin' time. Every time.




Queenie:  Blood on Blood

I see my fellow Fictionistas all picked Bon Jovi songs as their favorites.  I wasn't sure I was going to, but the more I thought about it, I kept coming back to this one.  I just love the story in the song, the tribute to friendship and loyalty and being there no matter what.  I try to live my life like that and my mother-in-law gave me the greatest compliment not too long ago.  She told me that I'm always there when needed, no questions asked.

I guess I'm doing all right.

[Oh, if you noticed, I didn't choose blue as my color nor did I pick a black and white video... hope I don't get booted from the club (one of these things is not like the other...) LOL]

14 Response to "Day 1"

  1. TaraLeigh says:

    LOL! Look....we all picked a BW video so far. *snicker*

    And interestingly enough around the same era - so far! LOL. Loving this. :)

    Does that mean we are old.... nah!

    PS: thanks for the picture, catte.

    Mine's Livin in Sin, like Kiwi. And Welcome To Wherever You Are...
    WTWYA has got me through a lot of bad times, and Sin's just perfect rebellion :)
    This is a great idea, by the way! :D

    Renee says:

    Since I lost 195 pounds (of ex), I've always liked Why Aren't you dead? LOL!

    Bayaderra says:

    Hmmmmmmm
    Soooo difficult to chose just one!!!! It varies based on my mood or what's going on in my life! But if I'm to pick top 3... OK Lie To Me! Diamond Ring! Born To Be My Baby! That is if we are talking about songs done by the whole band... Otherwise its Memphis Lives In Me!!!! And not to be forgotten, my favorite from Puppyville is Burning For Love!

    I agree with Bay that it depends on my mood, life at the moment, and which version of the song it is. I think if I had to just pick one, it would probably be Love for Sale. Jon's drawling out 'like a dawwwg, who's been kicked in the head' cracks me up, and then Richie belting out "I got some luuuuv for sale!" *shiver*

    Amanda says:

    Who can pick just one??? I'm with Bay and blushnscarlet...mood and life have a lot to do with it...if I had to say one song I would have to go with Wanted--That is one song I never tire of hearing!!!

    Have to say mine's not a Bon Jovi song! *gasp, horror!* I love Saints of Los Angeles, by Motley Crue. Never fails to lift me up and put me in a more energetic mood.

    As for my favourite Bon Jovi song - has to be Dry County. Solo never fails to move.

    Anonymous says:

    I'm with Tara, Wanted is my favourite song EVER! From the opening right thru to the very end note it never fails to make me smile, although I will admit to singing Richie's part more than Jon's! The other song that always gets me out of a crapy mood is 'Its My Life'. A little cliche I guess but it always reminds me to live for the now.

    Non Jovi favourite song...probably 'Place Your Hands' by Reef, purely because they are local to where I grew up, and it's great played out loud!

    Anyone think it strange that we cannot answer the facourite song question without having to categorise Jovi songs and non Jovi songs?

    Vicki
    x

    Mine depends on the day. One of my top ones is These Days-favorite performances of it are July 29, 2006 at Giants Stadium and October 28, 2008 with Richie singing at the Prudential Center. Almost any performance of These Days can make me cry.

    TaraLeigh says:

    WOW! Such great responses!
    And no-Jovi songs were not a pre Req for this one...or any of the questions.

    I thought about it a lot before I chose a Jovi song, but in the end...Wanted's always been a constant.

    Thanks for all the replies guys! This is fun!

    Anonymous says:

    Diamond Ring would have to be my I-love-it-every-time-I-hear-it favorite. But the "An Evening with Bon Jovi" version of Bed of Roses, with Jon on piano is a close 2nd.

    Genie P

    Anonymous says:

    I am a little late in getting started--but all time favorite Jovi song is athree way tie
    Wanted--from tehfirst time I heard it and saw it live
    Lie To Me--always makes me rethink and cry
    Born to Be My Baby--just reminds me of "those days"

    All time favorite Non-Jovi Turn the Page by Seger. I alsmost died when I missed Jon singing it but the vids wrom FMistress and ya'll were great! Thanks

    Denise

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme