Day 30

A Song You'd Dedicate to a Friend:  (To Whom and Why?)

Hath: Unbreakable -- Bon Jovi

I thought hard about this one. I could have gone with "You Are The Sunshine of my Life", for my son, who truly is.  I could have waffled between "Hit The Road Jack" and "Be My Baby" for Mr. Hath, depending on the day.  I could have gone with "Wind Beneath My Wings" for my parents, who taught me to do more with less, and to always do it with love.

But no, I went with this song, dedicated to all my girlfriends.

Collectively, we have survived feasts and famines. Our houses have blown up, our marriages dissolved, our livelihoods taken away, our countries literally shaken to their very foundations, and our families hit with unspeakable tragedies, yet still we are here.

We have lived through all this and come out the other side because we are strong.

"I Am Woman" first came to mind as an anthem of sisterhood to dedicate to my girls, but largely, we have survived and surpassed these things on our own. Yes, we have had the support of our own sisters (in numbers too great to ignore), but WE chose to bend, not break. WE chose to pick up, dust off, and move on. WE chose to celebrate what we have, not what we lost. WE are Unbreakable.

I love you, girls!



Wils: That's What Friends Are For - Dionne Warwick and Friends

Hath, as usual you hit this one on the head. Where would I be without my girlfriends? From wine in parking lots to late night talks to concerts to lunch dates (over the phone) and so much more, you girls have no idea how much you mean to me. You've guided me through the darkest times, lifting me up and encouraging me and been there to celebrate in good times as well. We may not see each other everyday, but everyday you are in my thoughts and there are simply not enough words or days in my life to tell you all how much I love you.



Catte:  With a Little Help From My Friends

For my Danny.  He knows why.



Queenie: I'll Be There For You - The Rembrants

This was a hard one.  Wils picked my first choice and I used my second choice way back on Day 5.  So, I went with the theme from Friends (arguably the BEST sitcom only able to be seen in re-runs and on DVD), not the Bon Jovi version (not that I don't love their version, but this one fit the category much better). A much happier, bouncier I'll Be There for you and the lyrics really say it all...

For my girlfriends, old and new, I'll be there for you and I know you'll be there for me too...



Tara: Standing (Jovi bside)
Well, Hath said it better than I ever could. What a lovely post darlin'!
This is the song that I listen to when I need a little push. I think it fits all of us. And honestly, just looking at what all of us have had to deal with at one time or another...it suits ALL the women in my life. And since Jovi has brought be some of the most amazing women in my life, it's only right they get to be the last song on this challenge. Sometimes we bend and almost break. But in the end we are always the ones standing.




Kiwi: This One's for the Girls - Martina McBride
Agreed---Hath you really said it all. I know in my life personally, the last six months would have been unbearable without my girlfriends, I have some very special people in my life and I'm only still standing because of them.



3 Response to "Day 30"

  1. Renee says:

    One of the first times I heard "Blood on Blood" was just after a close friend passed away. I'd dedicate this one to her.

    Anonymous says:

    Like Tara, I've gone for a song from Bounce...The Distance. I'll dedicate it to everyone one of my friends, far and near, who have been there for me whenever I have needed them, and for whom I have been there in their own time of need.
    I chose The Distance because of the sentiment of keeping going, not backing down and there always being light at the end of the tunnel.

    Much love to all you wonderful ladies, my life would not be the same without you in it.

    Vicki
    x

    ps, would you believe it, my verification code was Lemma! :)

    I love all of you and you have made an impactful difference in my life. Love and gratefulness.

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme