Day 23

A Song You Want to Play (or Wish You Had Played) at Your Wedding:


Catte:  You Had Me From Hello - Bon Jovi


Well, it wasn't around when I got married 20 years ago, but in my mind this is the perfect love song. *sigh*



Hath: No Changes -- Got it right the first time…

Our wedding was a mix of songs from the 50's - 80's (Jovi inclued), and was really fun. I don't think I would have changed any of the music to be honest with you. Mr. Hath and I danced our first dance to "Be My Baby" (Ronnettes) and Daddy and I danced to "If I Can Dream" (Elvis) because it's his favorite song.





PS, Jon, you should TOTALLY consider an Elvis-cover record. We'll buy it. I swear we will.

Queenie: Love of My Life - Jim Brickman featuring Michael W. Smith

When I got married (Almost 21 years ago) there was no Bed of Roses, Always or Thank You for Loving Me. Mr. Q and I danced to Just You and I (Eddie Rabbitt & Crystal Gayle). I think if this song had been around back then, it would have been perfect.



Kiwi - In These Arms - Bon Jovi
Oh God--don't get me started. I have a wedding soundtrack all ready to go, I reallllllllllly hope the guy I am going to marry doesn't have this heart set on a song because tough luck buddy. LOL But this is definitely one I would have to have played...



Wils: Sorry guys, I'll have to take a pass on this one. Two weddings, two divorces, not the best source for this topic.




Tara: Love Me Tender
Grrr. I put mine in here, but it didn't show up.
I haven't really been close to the big M word, but I'd like to think that this song pretty much covers what I see in the big commitment.

4 Response to "Day 23"

  1. Bayaderra says:

    Thank You For Loving Me comes to mind. I got married almost 23 years ago, yep a year before Jon and Dot, and our song was You're My Everything...sappy, I know ;)

    Renee says:

    Feels like Home by Bonnie Raitt although if I ever got married again, one of the boys could come and sing it for me!I'd love to hear Jon or Richie sing that song.

    Anonymous says:

    Had this played at my wedding despite many complaints from husband to be. In it For Love - Richie Sambora

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUiqIOIX_oE

    However, for my next wedding I'm hoping Richie will be there to celebrate with me...taking his vows too. :)

    Amanda says:

    Hath, I totally agree about the album of Elvis covers! They would fly off the shelves and if we could get him to do a video like the '68 special...in all black leather...the mind turns to mush! I have always wondered about how those women just SAT around that stage with out taking that man off...but I digress.

    My husband thought we were playing "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" for our wedding song, because that was what we did at rehersal, but I had gone to a local studio and recorded "Your Love" by Jim Brickman and Michelle Wright which we substituted the day of as a surprise. My parents and grandparents were seated to a recording my dad had made of "Butterfly Kisses" which was wonderful. However, a little Joviness would have made my day more bearable. Our wedding day is one for the books! A song I have always loved since it came out (after my wedding unfortunately)is "When God Made You He Must Have Been Thinking About Me" by Newsong.

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme