Day 29

A Song From Your Childhood:

Hath: Delta Dawn - Tanya Tucker and Abracadabra - Steve Miller Band

Sorry, I had to pick two.

Delta Dawn is the first song I remember knowing all the words to. I loved it when this song came on the (AM) radio in the kitchen or in the powder-blue Dodge Dart.



Abracadabra is the very first song I ever recorded on my Sanyo AM/FM Radio/Casette player. I still have the orange-labeled cassette around somewhere...

Looks under the banana clips, Jordache bags, Swatch watches, plastic bangle bracelets, Jovi-worthy purple tiger-print spandex and slouchy socks for the cassette...



Catte:  The Mississippi Squirrel Revival - Ray Stevens

My Dad thought Ray Stevens was the funniest man on the planet.  I think he still does.  I remember him playing his Ray Stevens eight-track over and over and over....

But I gotta admit, this song is REALLY funny.  Still.



Queenie: America - Neil Diamond (The Jazz Singer Soundtrack)

This cassette was played every weekend while we cleaned the house. It was a favorite of my parents. I think I can still sing every word...



Wils: Age of Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In - The 5th Dimension

When I was a (very) little girl, around 3-4, we lived in Japan. I was very young and some of my very first memories are from this time. I remember than every Sunday we listened to a radio show on Armed Forces Radio, the host was Rabbi Ira Youdovin and he started the show every week with this song. I understand he lives in the Chicago area now and wouldn't know me, but he has a place in my very earliest memories.




 Tara : Suspicious Minds (Hawaii)
Oh my GOD, Queenie. LOL That was my mom's FAVE song. She'd BLAST it while she was doing the vacuuming. So loud that Eric and I would run outside laughing at her. LOL

One of the first songs I remember was Elvis. LOL He's been my answer for a few of these now! LOL
The Hawaii show was played quite a bit in my house. From movies to concerts and all the things in between, Elvis dominated in my house.

2 Response to "Day 29"

  1. Renee says:

    There's a Kind of Hush by Herman's Hermits!

    Anonymous says:

    Midnight Blue - ELO. I remember my dad playing this on vinyl on a sunday. He'd put the record on and read the newpaper and I'd read my book. Some Daddy and me time. When I was a bit older I was allowed to use the record player and this, along with Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, was my choice. You'd hardly guess I'm only 30 would you? I was born a decade or so too late

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme