Day 24

A Song You Want Played at Your Funeral:


Catte:  My Way - Sinatra et al


The perfect tribute to a life well-lived.



Hath: Highway to Hell -- AC/DC

Oh c'mon, you know damned well where I'm going…. No, seriously, I don't want any "Adagio for Strings" (no disrespect to Barber) or "Amazing Grace" or any of that weepy shit. There will be no crying. There will be no wearing black (unless it's a LBD with CFMs, then you're okay)

Uh-uh.

You weep, and I'm sitting up right there in the funeral parlor to yell at you, and you know that will freak you the F out. You are *going* to celebrate my life. You are *going* to do so by singing along and picture me tooling down the highway in a cherry-red Mustang convertible with the top down, the wind blowing through my hair, and this song POUNDING out on the speakers as I head on down to warmer climes.




Kiwi - With a little help from my friends - Joe Cocker
Because I wouldn't have lived a life as full without them.


Wils: The Song of Purple Summer - Duncan Sheik (from the musical "Spring Awakening)

It's a song full of promise in the face of sadness. I want my life to be celebrated and any who mourn to remember that I lived my life to it's fullist.



Queenie: Seasons of Love - The Musical "Rent"

I thought long and hard about this one. Green Day's Time of Your Life came to mind, as did the Beatles' In My Life. But I finally decided on this one. How do you measure a year in the life? Measure with love...





Tara: My Way - Elvis Vers.
I tried to find another song since Cate took mine. LOL I found a few that almost fit, but nothing can compare to My Way. I grew up on Elvis. I've loved him all my life. Even the bands that I've loved since have been influenced by this man. So, he gets my last song. No matter what happened to Elvis he never lost his voice. I hope that when I go out, there's ONE thing people can always say about me that's just as amazing.

2 Response to "Day 24"

  1. Anonymous says:

    Damn Hath! She stole my idea but I don't care, I'm still going for this one.

    Can I use the same song for two days? Highway To Hell - AC/DC. No silly soppy songs at my funeral thanks very much.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsDpznl8eIs

    Renee says:

    I'm going with Ride of the Valkyries. Da da da da, da da da daaa, da
    Wouldn't that give everybody a laugh!

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme