Day 22

A Song You Listen To When You're Sad:

Hath: Flight of the Bumblebee -- Rimsky-Korskakov

When I'm sad, I wanna be snapped out of it; I don't wanna dwell on it.

For me, "Flight of the Bumblebee" does it. This song reminds me of watching "Bee Movie" with my son. After seeing the film, whenever he saw a bee trapped in the house or flying around too close to us outside, we couldn't swat at it because it was "just a pollen jock, Mama. he's just doing his job." Makes me smile every time. Can't be sad when thinking about my Hathlet. He's just too freaking adorable (yeah, I'm biased a bit). That, and he'll (randomly, for no reason) start trotting around the house/yard singing, "BUZZ buzz buzz buzz BUZZ buzz buzz buzz" lol Yep, wicked hard to stay sad with your lil guy making bee noises.



Queenie: Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi

Yes, I picked a Bon Jovi song, finally! LOL
When I'm feeling down this one picks me up, the optimism in this song always makes me feel better... (I even picked the original video... it makes me smile every time I see it!)




Kiwi: Acoustic #3 - The Goo Goo Dolls
This song always mellows me out, I need to mellow, weep do my thing when I'm down and I generally pick myself up after that and this song puts me right in the zone.


Wils: Lift - The Josh Nelson Project

Here's one of those "things" not many people know about me... I love to listen to Contemporary Jewish Music (CJM). It's been a part of my life since my teen years and it touches me in a place that I don't access all that often. This past summer I had the fortune to meet and hear Josh Nelson and his music is amazing, original and uplifting. The drums and rhythm of this particular song has the ability to pull me out of a sad mood in a very unique way. This is not your parents "religious music".

No video, but I encourage you to listen here: http://joshnelsonproject.com/



Tara: Kiss Me When I'm Down
Oh...I like to embrace my sad sometimes.
And one man that can really rip my guts out is Gary Allan.
Just...man.
He knows how to rip your heart out with a lyric. The man himself has experienced a lot of loss and this song reminds me so much of a particular point in my life that I did a lot of stupid things with an ex. Sometimes you just want that warm body even tho you know it's bad for you.



Catte: My Guitar Lies Bleeding in My Arms

Misery likes company--I like the way that sounds...
This song is so raw and emotional it always soothes me when I'm down.  It doesn't matter why I'm sad.. it just somehow seems to understand.  And though the vocals are fantastic, it's more Richie's mournful guitar that speaks to me.

4 Response to "Day 22"

  1. Renee says:

    Cheeseburger in Paradise by Jimmy Buffett

    Bayaderra says:

    When I'm sad, I tend to counter act with something funny. I happend to have 3 demo mp3s from Toxic Avenger sang by David... They usually do the trick! Just to hear David say "Now Go Do Your Evil, Dammit!" sends me into laughter!(Evil Is Hot)

    Amanda says:

    The Soundtrack for the movie That Thing You Do or the "Somebody Kill Me" song from The Wedding Singer will usually snap me out of it.

    Anonymous says:

    If I'm dwelling on it and want to cry it out then the choice is between Thank You For Loving Me - Bon Jovi or Heaven - Bryan Adams
    If I need to get myself together then without doubt it's It's My Life - Bon Jovi or Walk of Life - Dire Straits. Here are all four videos in order

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9wKi1keg8g

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6TtwR2Dbjg

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd9TlGDZGkI

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme