Willow does NY… and barely survives! (thank goodness, no film at 11)

Let’s just start here.

BBSSLLW!!!!

This is the new sign-off to all my messages to Queenie, Goddess and FM. If you don’t know what it means, I HIGHLY suggest that you get a ticket for The Toxic Avenger!! OMG, I haven’t laughed that much at a show in years!! Of course I knew going in that I was going to love it because not only is the music by my beloved David but when I walked in the lobby to see a shirt for sale that said “EVIL IS HOT”, I just knew I had found my place in the world (at least for that night). After a crazy time trying to get me to IN WHY SEE, FM & I headed straight for the bar at the theatre and got ourselves some wine. We asked the very nice (and adorable) bartender if we could each have 2 glasses since they were quite small, so he pulled out two large tumbler glasses and filled them up for us! LOL!

After the show we went to a nearby restaurant called Talia’s for a late night supper and undenyably the very best polenta I have ever tasted in my life. It was kizmit that we were there and that we had TARA as our server, since our beloved TaraLeigh had to cancel her plans to come in at the last minute. You were there in spirit honey and we missed you terribly! Everyone had something different and it was all good! Queenie and I forced ourselves to share a decadent chocolate desert that was exactly that, some of the other girls had 4 homemade ice creams as a sampler. I think we finally left there at about 12:45pm and headed back to the hotel.
Friday was HOT HOT HOT in Gotham City. We started the day with breakfast, the first round of which ended up all over the floor of the elevator when the door hit Queenie as she was carrying a plate up to the rest of the girls. She has a lovely bruise as a battle scar. FM had to work in the morning so Goddess, Queenie and I headed to a great little bead shop that had a large Asian influence (Tibetan, Buddhist mostly) and had a great time looking at everything. We briefly considered the idea of henna tattoos on the way back but decided this was not the best use of what little time we had together. Next time Goddess… seriously!

We got lunch at Whole Foods (yummy salads and some Hawaiian pizza) and walked across to CP to eat it. Lunch in the park was awesome and in spite of the heat we found a semi-cool, shady place under a tree. FM was able to extract herself from work for a little while to join in the fun before having to go to another meeting and then the rest of us headed to the zoo. See Goddesses post about the ‘guin house… it was awesome. By the way, do you know why a polar bear will never eat a penguin??? And no, it’s not because polar bears are vegetarians!!

Friday night started with wine & cheese at the hotel and then we went to Dos Caminos for dinner. The girls were mean to me… they sat on my lap and forced me to drink tequila!! Really, that is exactly the way it went down! I swear! Like Queenie, it was a weekend of firsts for me… tequila, guacamole and molai sauce (sp?) all that were outstanding, and scallops that, while I am sure they were very good, I didn’t really care for. Let’s just be thankful that the hotel was only 2 doors away. We all hit the pillows pretty early that night (if 1am is considered early) since we were exausted from the heat and FM had to work in the morning.

Saturday’s window shopping extravaganza was so fun. We saw (and smelled) so many things and bought a few little chachkies but nothing really major. As Queenie said, everything that day was CUTE. We ended up at Finelli’s Bar which is across the street on the corner from HRH’s place in SOHO (what does SOHO stand for, girls?)and RutPop met us for lunch and a little “sightseeing”. We then headed back to the hotel to meet up with the now finished with work FM and BAJJ. We relaxed, had some wine and got all dolled up to head back down to SOHO. FM wanted “a really good burger” so BAJJ got on the Google (no phone books in the room, sorry Queenie) and we found a place called “Lure” that it turns out is a seafood restaurant but does indeed serve one freakin amazing burger. We first walked around and went back to 158 Mercer - I fell in love the with sculpture in the lobby of The New Museum Building and I want to know why the building is called that. Is there actually a museum in there? Did there used to be? After another fantastic meal, another round of “over-under” and a special treat of a wine tasting and desert thanks to the Sommelier & Abby the server, we headed out to Times Square (well, some of us anyhow).

Who doesn’t know all the words to “Don’t Stop Believin”??? Queenie, RutPop and I absolutely do! And I got to dance with Michael Jackson, and he looked great for a dead guy! And this was all within the first 5 minutes of getting out of the taxi!! We walked, talked, laughed, took pictures, tried to buy chocolate (epic fail. both the Hershey’s and M&M stores were closed) and then headed to Hard Rock where I pledged my undying love to a man whose name I cant remember if he could get me one of the JBJ posters. Well, he asked but ultimately it didn’t happen, but we had a good time anyhow.

And then it was Sunday and we all had to go our separate ways back to our real lives. But for a few brief moments it was just fun to be silly girls in a great city with great friends. Thank you all for the privilege of knowing you.

BBSSLLW!

5 Response to "Willow does NY… and barely survives! (thank goodness, no film at 11)"

  1. As for the polar bears, it's also not "because penguins are cute" lol

    Seriously, I hate that I missed Friday night and Saturday, but I am SO glad I didn't miss the Hathlet being towed behind our boat (at 26 knots) on a giant inner tube :)

    ~ Hath

    Okay, so I gots ta know...

    Which of you is "B", which is "S", which is "L", and which is "W"? ; )

    Wasn't that the most amazing damned "duet" you've ever seen on stage? Toxie ROCKS!

    Glad you gals had fun!

    Well Catte, I can't speak for anyone else, but I am most assuredly a "B"!!

    LOL!

    Tara will confirm; I'm absolutely the W.

    ~ H

    Bayaderra says:

    Hey girls, I'm sorry I missed all the fun...but sometimes RL gets in the way and one ends up spending 2.5 hours of her thursday being interviewed by the Risk Management department...
    BTW, SoHo stands for SOuth of HOuston St.

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme