The Goddess Has Arrived

... and NYC didn't even notice! SMITE YOU ALL! Well, except for BAJG, who gave me a nice warm welcome text :)

I detrained at Penn Station, and made my way through the hot, sweaty, did I mention hot? corridors and concourses until I found the LIRR -- a Goddess likes to be prepared, and now I know if I get to Penn at the 31st Street entrance, I only have to walk 1/4 mile instead of 3/4 to get to the train tomorrow night to take me out to the Hamptons.

Being the good doobie I am, and believing you should EXPERIENCE a city when you're in it, I found my way to the subway map, hoping to find what train would get me somewhere near Park Avenue (where our hotel is). I figured, if I could handle the MBTA in Boston, I should be able to handle the NY Transit system, right?

WRONG!

Turns out, there are lots of ways to get heyah from theyah, and these include going uptown to 42nd Street and transferring, or downtown to somewhere else and transferring, or taking several busses....

For a city that's laid out like a grid, unlike my beloved Bahstin with it's damned wagon-wheel layout, the subways are tres confusing. Plus I was sweaty and hot. Did I say that already? So, I take the train and [probably] end up in Brooklyn...

or....

I could pay a lovely Polish man $12 ($7 fare plus tip) and he'd bring me door to door.

Guess which one I opted for?

So I arrived about half an hour ago, availed myself of the complimentary continental breakfast, found an outlet for my laptop, discovered they meant it when they said COMPLIMENTARY WI-FI, and viola! Here I am!

SO, I'm not sure what we're doing for lunch, but we're meeting FM and a co-worker of hers for drinks proir to...

drumroll please....

TOXIE!

That's right, we're going to see the Toxic Avenger tonight. Stephanie scored us seats in the 11th row, pretty cheap, and I can't wait! Then we've got late dinner reservations, I forget where, but oh who cares! I'm in NYC!!!

Now, if the damned planes would land already and their own lovely Polish man would hurry up and deliver some of the other Fictionistas here already, I'd be a happy pappy!

1 Response to "The Goddess Has Arrived"

  1. TaraLeigh says:

    LOL!
    Oh honey, sounds like how I make it around NYC.

    The only way I'd be able to is to have one of the NYC finest travel companions. lol Cripes, that whole subway thing is confooooosing!

    I'm glad you're safe and sound at the hotel and taking advantage of the freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee internet!

Follow The FFs!

Who Cares? These People Do... And We Love Them For It

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme